Interested in shaping the culture of Duke Surgery for the better? Faculty, residents, and staff in the Department of Surgery are invited to participate in making actionable plans to make Duke Surgery a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to train and work.
Let us know if you're interested in joining the work here. We invite you to get involved and have a say in where you would like Duke Surgery to go!
Please click the button below to indicate your interest, and to share your thoughts on where our efforts should be heading.
Areas of Focus
We have funding for this work and the strong support of Department leadership. We would like everyone in the Department to have the chance to participate and have their voices heard. We are looking for your help in developing and implementing these initiatives.
Take Part in an Initiative
Each Area of Focus will have a growing list of defined and evolving Initiatives that aim to fulfill overarching goals. Below are three ways for you to get involved and help make progress in the SEEDS Initiatives.
Lead an Initiative
Time Commitment: >5hr/week
- Stimulate & oversee work in one of the seven SEEDS content areas
- Participate in quarterly Steering Committee meetings
- Discuss progress with SEEDS Leadership & Department leadership
- Interface with your department/division to gather needs and ideas
- Motivate involvement in your content area
- Receives stipend from SEEDS budget
Join an Initiative
Time Commitment: Variable
- Work with Initiative lead. Meetings at their discretion
- New ideas? Great! Let's make it happen.
- No new ideas? Also great! Help out with existing or in-progress projects
- Possible tasks include:
- Organizing & Planning
- Collecting Data
- Interfacing with your department/division
- Creating educational materials
- Administrative Oversight
- No stipend
Just Want to Help
Glad to have you! Take a look at the list of initiatives we're working on and let us know, in broad terms, what you're interested in. We'll work with you to find a good fit for your talents and time availability.
Join the Effort
Interested in shaping the culture of Duke Surgery for the better? Everyone in the Department (residents, faculty, staff) is invited to participate in making actionable plans to make Duke Surgery a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to train and work.