Duke's nationally recognized cancer treatment programs combine cutting-edge research with compassionate care to treat more than 7,000 new cancer patients each year. This volume gives our team the extensive experience that yields better results.
Advanced Gastrointestinal Surgery
Our division offers expert treatment and surgery for gastrointestinal disease, including:
- Colon and rectum
- Small intestine stomach
- Upper gastrointestinal cancer, including gallbladder, pancreas, liver
Surgical Oncology Specialty Areas
- Skin cancer and melanoma
- Bone and soft tissue/sarcoma
- Breast cancer
- GI Cancer: Stomach cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Thyroid and parathyroid cancer
- Esophagus cancer
- Gallbladder cancer
Patient Care Resources
- Duke Cancer Institute is one of only 40 centers in the country designated by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as a “comprehensive cancer center”.
- Duke Cancer Patient Support Program offers continued support from the time of diagnosis, through treatment, recovery, and survival, and also through the circumstances surrounding end of life.
- Duke Cancer Patient Education uses a multimedia approach to assist cancer patients and their families in understanding options, making decisions, managing the effects of cancer and its treatment, and finding meaning in the experience.