Surgical oncology at Duke encompasses multidisciplinary care provided by a team of experts in cancer care. Oncologic surgeons partner with medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and faculty from other disciplines to give our patients the most comprehensive treatment available.
The Division is dedicated to the advancement of education through our surgical oncology fellowship programs, which provide opportunities for the next generation of surgical oncologists to train in one of the best hospitals in the country.
The division use state-of-the-art operating suites and the newest technologies for a range of procedures including:
- Percutaneous endoscopic and laparoscopic procedures to treat biliary reconstruction
- Continence preserving inflammatory bowel disease surgery
- Portal hypertension management
- Colorectal surgery including sphincter reconstruction
- Endocrine surgery and treatment of diseases of the esophagus, duodendum, gallbladder, liver, spleen, adrenal gland, and pancreas
- Cutting-edge cancer treatments for world-class cancer care
Our tradition of outstanding patient care is further strengthened by our faculty’s involvement in cutting-edge research and clinical trials that rapidly translate breakthroughs into advances in clinical therapies and treatments.