Proposal Development Resources
Surgery Research Development maintains a set of up-to-date templates and instructions for some of the most common attachments for NIH grants. Templates and guidance for other funding agencies or specific announcements are available by request.
Vertebrate Animals Research
Human Subjects Research
- Protection of Human Subjects template with instructions
- Inclusion of Women and Minorities template with instructions
- Inclusion of Children template with instructions
- Data Safety and Monitoring Plan template with instructions (only for clinical trials)
Rigor and Reproducibility
- Authentication of Key Biological and/or Chemical Resources template with instructions
- NIH Rigor and Reproducibility Resource Chart
Other NIH Documents
- Data and Research Resources Sharing Plan template
- Sample Multiple PI Leadership Plan
If you require a template that is not on this list, please contact the Research Development team.
To request biostatistics support from the Duke Clinical & Translational Science Institute Biostatistics Core, please submit a request:
The Surgery Research Development team can identify relevant funding opportunities that are topic-specific for researchers, by request. Our group has identified the following standing funding opportunities that may be of interest. Please let our office know if you intend to pursue this opportunity, know of others who may be interested, or if we can be of additional assistance.
National Institutes of Health
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID)
- NIAID Program Project Applications (P01), PAR-16-413
- NIAID Clinical Trial Planning Grant (R34), PAR-16-272
- NIAID Clinical Trial Implementation Grant (R01), PAR-16-269
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
- NIDDK Program Projects (P01), PAR-16-127
- Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trials Targeting Diseases within the Mission of NIDDK (R01 – Clinical Trial Required), PA-18-330
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Single-Site Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trials (R61/R33), PAR-16-405
- NHLBI Program Project Applications (P01 - Clinical Trials Optional), PAR-18-405
Department of Defense
Sample NIH Applications
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) maintains sample applications and summary statements for some of the most common types of NIH grants (e.g., R01, R03, R21, F31).
Duke Office of Research Support Funding Opportunities Database
The Duke University Office of Research Support provides an extensive, on-line database of funding opportunities as a resource for the entire Duke University research community (access from the Duke network or NetID login required).