The Division of Trauma and Critical Care Surgery care has an active clinical research program. Our multidisciplinary approach benefits from the involvement of colleagues from several departments across Duke Medicine, including pediatrics, anesthesiology, orthopaedics, neurosurgery, neurology, and internal medicine.
Current research is related to the following topics:
- Trauma patients and oscillator use
- Functional outcomes of the geriatric patient following trauma
- Repeat radiographic imaging in trauma patients transferred to trauma center
- The impact of electronic notification on caval filter retrieval rates
- Unstable spine fxs: Does ground versus air transport make a difference?
The Duke Department of Surgery plays a major role in cutting-edge research, conducting hundreds of clinical trials and outcomes studies each year.