About the Division
Cutting-edge surgical care
The Duke Center for Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery is the Triangle's longest established weight loss surgery center. Our multidisciplinary team ensures our patient's success by:
- Ensuring excellence in clinical quality and patient safety
- Tailoring approaches to personal needs and preferences through a lifelong partnership with our patients
- Empowering people of all ages with transformational and enduring solutions
- Offering seamless options across a comprehensive and coordinated continuum of care
- Using the latest available proven technology
- Advocating for the improved health of our community
We are proud to operate at Duke Regional Hospital and Duke Raleigh Hospital, both of which are regionally ranked hospitals by U.S.News & World Report. Duke Regional is ranked #8 in North Carolina and #3 in the Raleigh-Durham metro area. Duke Raleigh is ranked #12 in North Carolina and #5 in the Raleigh-Durham metro area.
Duke Regional Hospital is an MBSAQIP Accredited Center.
The Division of Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery is actively involved in research and clinical trials designed to improve patient care and outcomes. For information on how to participate, please see a list of our current clinical trials.
Excellence in education and training
The Duke Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery Fellowship Program is accredited through the Fellowship Council for training in advanced gastrointestinal minimally invasive surgery and bariatric surgery. The one-year program is designed to expand the skills and knowledge of participants, both clinically and scientifically. Many of our alumni have become global leaders in the field of minimally invasive and bariatric surgery.
Our Division offers opportunities for medical professionals looking to further their education and training through continuing medical education courses and advanced training courses in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery.