The Duke Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery offers a system of integrated, seamless, multidisciplinary care designed to provide timely, comprehensive, and individualized care strategies for patients with vascular disease.
Our goal is to break down many of the traditional barriers to care while facilitating the coordination and planning of the patients’ short and long-term care objectives.
Diagnosing disorders of blood vessels and arteries can be complex in nature, and our team of expert vascular surgeons, cardiologists, and interventional radiologists work together to coordinate and manage each patient’s care in a centralized setting.
From risk factor management and diabetes care to wound management and treatment planning, our specialists will monitor every aspect of care in a patient-centric environment.
We provide patients with access to nationally and internationally recognized care providers, cutting-edge research trials in virtually every medical specialty, and state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment strategies, including:
- 3D volume-rendered CT and MRI to facilitate optimal anatomic reconstruction strategies and minimize use of invasive diagnostic modalities
- Specialized vascular ultrasound and vascular noninvasive diagnosis
- Minimally invasive/percutaneous treatment of carotid, renal, and lower extremity occlusive disease, including atherectomy, laser atherectomy, and tibial angioplasty
- Medical, surgical, and minimally invasive therapy for critical limb ischemia
- Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms and thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Debranching and stenting for thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms
- Expertise in complex open vascular procedures
- Minimally invasive/percutaneous treatment of venous disorders, including ulceration, edema, venous stasis, varicose veins, and cosmetic venous disorders
- Multidisciplinary team approach to complex vascular malformations, including minimally invasive and surgical therapies
The center's collaborative efforts among the Departments of Surgery, Medicine, and Radiology provide patients with a ‘one-stop’ approach to cutting-edge treatment options. The pursuit of education and research serve as vital components to our overall mission of providing the best in patient care.
Pioneering Vascular Treatments
The Duke Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery provides cutting-edge technologies for adult and pediatric patients in the following areas:
As a leader in research and clinical studies, our patients have access to innovative procedures and the most current therapies. See research participation opportunities on dukehealth.org.
Connect with Your Health Care at Duke Health
Dukehealth.org is the online resource for patients of Duke University Health System and for those who want to know about health care at Duke University. Click a link below to access patient care resources.