I am a board certified, Assistant Professor of colon and rectal surgery at Duke Raleigh Hospital.
My clinical expertise includes management of both malignant and benign colorectal diseases. These include colon cancer, rectal cancer, hereditary polyposis and anal cancer; inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) which includes ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease; benign colon and rectal disorders such as diverticulitis, hemorrhoids, anal fistulae and rectal prolapse. I have experience in laparoscopic and robotic approaches to treat colorectal diseases.
My goal is to provide exceptional care, using the latest surgical techniques, with compassion and commitment.
In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my two children, skiing and traveling.
Education and Training
- Colorectal Surgery Fellow, Surgery, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic, 2013 - 2014
- General Surgery Resident - PGY3, 4, & 5, Surgery, University of Utah, 2010 - 2013
- General Surgery Resident - PGY1 & 2, Surgery, Brown University, 2008 - 2010
- Senior House Officer, General Surgery, Surgery, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital (United Kingdom), 2005 - 2008
- House Officer, Lister Hospital (United Kingdom), 2004 - 2005
- M.B.B.S., University College London Hospital (United Kingdom), 2004