Tsilimigras, Diamantis I., Ioannis Ntanasis-Stathopoulos, Demetrios Moris, Eleftherios Spartalis, and Timothy M. Pawlik. “Histone deacetylase inhibitors in hepatocellular carcinoma: A therapeutic perspective.” Surgical Oncology 27, no. 4 (December 2018): 611–18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suronc.2018.07.015.
Dimitrios Moris, MD, MSc, PhD
MD, MSc, PhD
Clinical and Research Interests
- Surgical Oncology
What were you looking for in a residency program?
- Best possible training combining high volume and wide spectrum of surgery
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
- High volume of cases
- State-of-the art Research
- World-class mentorship
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
- Work hard
- Take advantage of the opportunities
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
- Mostly nice weather
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
- Spending time with wife and friends
Honors and Awards
- Moris D, Atia A, McRae M, Song M, Stempora L, Leopardi F, Williams K, Kwun J, Parker W, Cardones AR, Kirk AD, Cendales LC. Th17 Cell Inhibition in a Costimulation Blockade Based Regimen for Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation Using a Non-Human Primate Model. ATC 2020, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Moris D, Shaw BI, Ong C, Connor AA, Samoylova ML, Kesseli SJ, Abraham N, Gloria J, Schmitz R, Fitch ZW, Clary BM, Barbas AS. A Simple Scoring System to Estimate Perioperative Mortality Following Liver Resection for Primary Liver Malignancy - The Hepatectomy Risk Score (HeRS). AHPBA 2020, Loews Hotel, Miami, FL, USA
- Moris D, Lim J, Shah KN, Blazer D, Lidsky M, Allen P, Zani S. Empiric nasogastric decompression after pancreaticoduodenectomy is not necessary. AHPBA 2019, Loews Hotel, Miami, FL, USA
- 2019 ASTS Resident Scientist Scholarship
- Scholarship of ‘’Alexander S. Onassis’’ Foundation for postgraduate (MSc level) studies.
- Scholarship of Thorax Foundation for postdoctoral research
- Scholarship of Petros Markides’ Endowment (4th round) for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- Scholarship of Foundation for Education and European culture (IPEP) for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- Scholarship of ‘’Alexander S. Onassis’’ Foundation for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- ''Handedness, anatomical variations of cerebrovascular blood flow and strokes. Is there any correlation? Moris D, Bonatsos V, Georgopoulos S. 1st prize in 16th Scientific Meeting of Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students in Aegli Zappeion, Athens, Greece
- Prone positioning in ARDS. Bonatsos V, Moris D, Mentzelopoulos S, Roussos C. 1st prize as oral presentation in 16th Scientific Meeting of Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students in Aegli Zappeion, Athens, Greece
- Magna Cum laude ’’EXELLENT’’ 9.3/10 (1% in class-chosen to recite the oath at the graduation ceremony as the valedictorian of his class)
- Gold Medal in the 14th Olympiad of Medical Knowledge in the 4th International Forum of E.E.F.I.E
- Scholarship from the Greek National Scholarship Foundation (IKY) for excellence in Medical School in the season 2007-2008
- Honor in the National Contest of Mathematics of Greek Mathematic Society
- Scholarship of Petros Markides’ Endowment (3 rounds)
Schizas, Dimitrios, Aikaterini Mastoraki, Leon Naar, Eleftherios Spartalis, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Georgia-Sofia Karachaliou, George Bagias, and Dimitrios Moris. “Concept of histone deacetylases in cancer: Reflections on esophageal carcinogenesis and treatment.” World Journal of Gastroenterology 24, no. 41 (November 2018): 4635–42. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v24.i41.4635.
Moris, Dimitrios, Diamantis Tsilimigras, Jenny Lim, Danielle Camastra, Aditya Nanavati, Stuart Knechtle, and Andrew Barbas. “Neuroendocrine carcinomas of the gallbladder: Lessons learnt from cases at opposite ends of the spectrum.” J Buon 23, no. 6 (November 2018): 1922–26.
Moris, Dimitrios, Marcelo Cerullo, and Alfredo D. Guerron. “Letter by Moris et al Regarding Article, "Effects of Bariatric Surgery in Obese Patients With Hypertension: The GATEWAY Randomized Trial (Gastric Bypass to Treat Obese Patients With Steady Hypertension)".” Circulation 138, no. 14 (October 2, 2018): 1490–91. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.118.035353.
Schizas, Dimitrios, Aikaterini Mastoraki, George Bagias, Maria Ioannidi, Prodromos Kanavidis, Dimitrios Moris, Diamantis Tsilimigras, Eleftherios Spartalis, Nikolaos Arkadopoulos, and Theodore Liakakos. “Carcinosarcomas of the esophagus: systematic review of a rare nosologic entity.” Journal of B.U.On. : Official Journal of the Balkan Union of Oncology 23, no. 5 (September 2018): 1432–38.
Spartalis, E., D. I. Tsilimigras, I. Ntanasis-Stathopoulos, M. Spartalis, and D. Moris. “Tumor potential in rat wounds after short- and long-term administration of platelet-rich plasma: an update.” Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents 32, no. 5 (September 2018): 1215–16.
Bakopoulos, A., D. I. Tsilimigras, M. Syriga, N. Koliakos, V. Ntomi, D. Moris, D. Bistarakis, and D. Schizas. “Diverticulitis of the transverse colon manifesting as colocutaneous fistula.” Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, August 16, 2018, e1–3. https://doi.org/10.1308/rcsann.2018.0130.
Moris, Demetrios, Georgios Karaolanis, Eleftherios Spartalis, and Sotirios Georgopoulos. “Carotid Endarterectomy Versus Carotid Stenting to Treat Carotid Stenosis: There Is More to Than Meets the Eye.” Annals of Surgery 268, no. 2 (August 2018): e31. https://doi.org/10.1097/sla.0000000000002451.
Spartalis, Eleftherios, Michael Spartalis, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Demetrios Moris, Nikolaos Garmpis, Christos Damaskos, Dimitrios Dimitroulis, Theodore Troupis, and Periklis Tomos. “Extensive or partial first rib resection for thoracic outlet syndrome? The contribution of three-dimensional imaging to the preoperative planning and the postoperative evaluation.” Clinical Case Reports 6, no. 8 (August 2018): 1631–32. https://doi.org/10.1002/ccr3.1617.
Prodromidou, Anastasia, Nikolaos Machairas, Eleftherios Spartalis, Ioannis D. Kostakis, Christos Iavazzo, Dimitrios Moris, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Antonios Athanasiou, and Nikolaos Nikiteas. “Transperitoneal Versus Extraperitoneal Laparoscopic Lymphadenectomy for Gynecological Malignancies: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.” Anticancer Research 38, no. 8 (August 2018): 4677–81. https://doi.org/10.21873/anticanres.12773.