Doulamis, Ilias P., Eleftherios Spartalis, Nikolaos Machairas, Dimitrios Schizas, Dimitrios Patsouras, Michael Spartalis, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, et al. “The role of robotics in cardiac surgery: a systematic review.” Journal of Robotic Surgery 13, no. 1 (February 2019): 41–52. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11701-018-0875-5.
Dimitrios Moris, MD, MSc, PhD
MD, MSc, PhD
Clinical and Research Interests
- Surgical Oncology
What were you looking for in a residency program?
- Best possible training combining high volume and wide spectrum of surgery
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
- High volume of cases
- State-of-the art Research
- World-class mentorship
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
- Work hard
- Take advantage of the opportunities
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
- Mostly nice weather
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
- Spending time with wife and friends
Honors and Awards
- Moris D, Atia A, McRae M, Song M, Stempora L, Leopardi F, Williams K, Kwun J, Parker W, Cardones AR, Kirk AD, Cendales LC. Th17 Cell Inhibition in a Costimulation Blockade Based Regimen for Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation Using a Non-Human Primate Model. ATC 2020, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Moris D, Shaw BI, Ong C, Connor AA, Samoylova ML, Kesseli SJ, Abraham N, Gloria J, Schmitz R, Fitch ZW, Clary BM, Barbas AS. A Simple Scoring System to Estimate Perioperative Mortality Following Liver Resection for Primary Liver Malignancy - The Hepatectomy Risk Score (HeRS). AHPBA 2020, Loews Hotel, Miami, FL, USA
- Moris D, Lim J, Shah KN, Blazer D, Lidsky M, Allen P, Zani S. Empiric nasogastric decompression after pancreaticoduodenectomy is not necessary. AHPBA 2019, Loews Hotel, Miami, FL, USA
- 2019 ASTS Resident Scientist Scholarship
- Scholarship of ‘’Alexander S. Onassis’’ Foundation for postgraduate (MSc level) studies.
- Scholarship of Thorax Foundation for postdoctoral research
- Scholarship of Petros Markides’ Endowment (4th round) for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- Scholarship of Foundation for Education and European culture (IPEP) for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- Scholarship of ‘’Alexander S. Onassis’’ Foundation for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- ''Handedness, anatomical variations of cerebrovascular blood flow and strokes. Is there any correlation? Moris D, Bonatsos V, Georgopoulos S. 1st prize in 16th Scientific Meeting of Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students in Aegli Zappeion, Athens, Greece
- Prone positioning in ARDS. Bonatsos V, Moris D, Mentzelopoulos S, Roussos C. 1st prize as oral presentation in 16th Scientific Meeting of Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students in Aegli Zappeion, Athens, Greece
- Magna Cum laude ’’EXELLENT’’ 9.3/10 (1% in class-chosen to recite the oath at the graduation ceremony as the valedictorian of his class)
- Gold Medal in the 14th Olympiad of Medical Knowledge in the 4th International Forum of E.E.F.I.E
- Scholarship from the Greek National Scholarship Foundation (IKY) for excellence in Medical School in the season 2007-2008
- Honor in the National Contest of Mathematics of Greek Mathematic Society
- Scholarship of Petros Markides’ Endowment (3 rounds)
Papalampros, Alexandros, Michail G. Vailas, Ioanna Deladetsima, Demetrios Moris, Maria Sotiropoulou, Athanasios Syllaios, Athanasios Petrou, and Evangelos Felekouras. “Irreversible electroporation in a case of pancreatic leiomyosarcoma: a novel weapon versus a rare malignancy?” World Journal of Surgical Oncology 17, no. 1 (January 5, 2019): 6. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12957-018-1553-9.
Spartalis, M., E. Spartalis, E. Tzatzaki, D. I. Tsilimigras, D. Moris, C. Kontogiannis, D. C. Iliopoulos, V. Voudris, and G. Siasos. “Cardiac allograft vasculopathy after heart transplantation: current prevention and treatment strategies.” European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences 23, no. 1 (January 2019): 303–11. https://doi.org/10.26355/eurrev_201901_16777.
Moris, Dimitrios, Ioannis D. Kostakis, Nikolaos Machairas, Anastasia Prodromidou, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Kadiyala V. Ravindra, Debra L. Sudan, Stuart J. Knechtle, and Andrew S. Barbas. “Comparison between liver transplantation and resection for hilar cholangiocarcinoma: A systematic review and meta-analysis.” Plos One 14, no. 7 (2019): e0220527. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0220527.
Tsilimigras, Diamantis I., Amir A. Rahnemai-Azar, Ioannis Ntanasis-Stathopoulos, Maria Gavriatopoulou, Demetrios Moris, Eleftherios Spartalis, Jordan M. Cloyd, Sharon M. Weber, and Timothy M. Pawlik. “Current Approaches in the Management of Hepatic Adenomas.” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery : Official Journal of the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract 23, no. 1 (January 2019): 199–209. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11605-018-3917-4.
Bakopoulos, Anargyros, Nikolaos Koliakos, Dimitrios Schizas, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Maria Syriga, Dimitrios Moris, Nikolaos Machairas, et al. “Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography for Ampullary Carcinomas: Friend or Foe?” Journal of Long Term Effects of Medical Implants 29, no. 4 (January 2019): 277–80. https://doi.org/10.1615/jlongtermeffmedimplants.2020034107.
Schizas, D., A. Michalinos, C. Vergadis, D. Oikonomou, E. Baili, S. Sougioultzis, D. Moris, and T. Liakakos. “Gastric tube volvulus following an Ivor-Lewis esophagectomy.” Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 101, no. 1 (January 2019): e1–4. https://doi.org/10.1308/rcsann.2018.0146.
Moris, Dimitrios, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Nikolaos Machairas, Katiuscha Merath, Marcelo Cerullo, Natasha Hasemaki, Anastasia Prodromidou, Jordan M. Cloyd, and Timothy M. Pawlik. “Laparoscopic synchronous resection of colorectal cancer and liver metastases: A systematic review.” Journal of Surgical Oncology 119, no. 1 (January 2019): 30–39. https://doi.org/10.1002/jso.25313.
Machairas, Nikolaos, Anna Paspala, Dimitrios Schizas, Vasileia Ntomi, Dimitrios Moris, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Evangelos P. Misiakos, and Anastasios Machairas. “Metastatic squamous cell carcinoma to the pancreas: Report of an extremely rare case.” Molecular and Clinical Oncology 10, no. 1 (January 2019): 144–46. https://doi.org/10.3892/mco.2018.1756.