Start Year: 2017
College/University: Stanford University
Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine
Clinical and Research Interests
My clinical interests include pediatric and oncologic surgery. My research interests include pediatric surgical oncology, global pediatric surgery, clinical pharmacology, and clinical trials.
What were you looking for in a residency program?
Excellence, high clinical volume, wealth of research opportunities, and camaraderie among residents.
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
Excellence, high clinical volume, complex patient care, wealth of research opportunities in every field, and camaraderie among residents.
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
Enjoy this year - your first as a physician! Keep an open mind, learn as much as you can, communicate as much as possible.
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
Ability to own a home comfortably, ability to go to the beach or mountains in just a few hours, outdoor activities are close by.
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
I enjoy singing, crafting, baking, and spending time with my husband, kids, and dogs.
Honors and Awards
- Thrasher Research Foundation Early Career Award
- Global Surgery Research Fellow Grant winner from the Association of Academic Surgeons
- Executive Directors Pathway Duke Clinical Research Institute Fellows Award
- UNC-Duke Clinical Pharmacology T32 Research Fellowship Award
- Recipient of Apple Seed Teaching Award 2018 and 2019
- Alpha Omega Alpha