Start Year: 2017
College/University: Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Medical School: Dartmouth
Clinical and Research Interests
- Clinical and translational applications of ex-vivo organ perfusion technology
- Liver, kidney, small bowel, and multivisceral transplantation
What were you looking for in a residency program?
- Happy, cohesive, and motivated residents and faculty
- High clinical volume, early operative experience
- Highly structured and supportive approach to resident research
- Excellent exposure in transplantation surgery, translational transplant research
- Flexible moonlighting opportunities
- Family friendly program
- Affordable real estate
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
Clinical training is superb and academic productivity among residents is unparalleled.
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
Ask for help, support each other in and out of the hospital, and have fun!
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
- Fantastic breweries
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
- Dining and brewery-hopping with my co-residents
- Running, kickboxing, hiking