Roger Cason, MD
University of Miami, Oklahoma City University
University of Oklahoma
Clinical and Research Interests
- Breast reconstruction
- General reconstruction
- Facial aesthetics
- Surgical education
What were you looking for in a residency program?
- A culture of positivity and collegiality
- A program with an emphasis on education and mentorship
- Opportunity to explore a diverse array of clinical interests
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
- Opportunity for research and innovation
- World-class institution with storied history
- Clinical volume and diversity of cases
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
- Try and always have a positive attitude
- Be as available as you can
- Demonstrate a willingness to help the team
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
- The beautiful scenery and weather
- The availability of great restaurants
- The cohesiveness of the local community
- The proximity to mountains and beaches
- Great cost of living allows for flexibility in your lifestyle
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
- Play guitar
- Eat and explore new restaurants in the Triangle
- Hang out with my wife and our dog, Jack
- Exercise and fitness
Honors and Awards
- 2016 - Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- 2016 - Outstanding Senior Award, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- 2019 - Bostwick Award, Atlanta Breast Symposium