Baili, Efstratia, Diamantis Tsilimigras, Dimitrios Filippou, Agis Ioannidis, Anargyros Bakopoulos, Nikolaos Machairas, Alexandros Papalampros, Athanasios Petrou, Dimitrios Schizas, and Demetrios Moris. “Associating liver partition and portal vein ligation for staged hepatectomy in patients with primary liver malignancies: A systematic review of the literature.” Journal of B.U.On. : Official Journal of the Balkan Union of Oncology 24, no. 4 (July 2019): 1371–81.
Dimitrios Moris, MD, MSc, PhD
MD, MSc, PhD
Clinical and Research Interests
- Surgical Oncology
What were you looking for in a residency program?
- Best possible training combining high volume and wide spectrum of surgery
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
- High volume of cases
- State-of-the art Research
- World-class mentorship
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
- Work hard
- Take advantage of the opportunities
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
- Mostly nice weather
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
- Spending time with wife and friends
Honors and Awards
- Moris D, Atia A, McRae M, Song M, Stempora L, Leopardi F, Williams K, Kwun J, Parker W, Cardones AR, Kirk AD, Cendales LC. Th17 Cell Inhibition in a Costimulation Blockade Based Regimen for Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation Using a Non-Human Primate Model. ATC 2020, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Moris D, Shaw BI, Ong C, Connor AA, Samoylova ML, Kesseli SJ, Abraham N, Gloria J, Schmitz R, Fitch ZW, Clary BM, Barbas AS. A Simple Scoring System to Estimate Perioperative Mortality Following Liver Resection for Primary Liver Malignancy - The Hepatectomy Risk Score (HeRS). AHPBA 2020, Loews Hotel, Miami, FL, USA
- Moris D, Lim J, Shah KN, Blazer D, Lidsky M, Allen P, Zani S. Empiric nasogastric decompression after pancreaticoduodenectomy is not necessary. AHPBA 2019, Loews Hotel, Miami, FL, USA
- 2019 ASTS Resident Scientist Scholarship
- Scholarship of ‘’Alexander S. Onassis’’ Foundation for postgraduate (MSc level) studies.
- Scholarship of Thorax Foundation for postdoctoral research
- Scholarship of Petros Markides’ Endowment (4th round) for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- Scholarship of Foundation for Education and European culture (IPEP) for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- Scholarship of ‘’Alexander S. Onassis’’ Foundation for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- ''Handedness, anatomical variations of cerebrovascular blood flow and strokes. Is there any correlation? Moris D, Bonatsos V, Georgopoulos S. 1st prize in 16th Scientific Meeting of Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students in Aegli Zappeion, Athens, Greece
- Prone positioning in ARDS. Bonatsos V, Moris D, Mentzelopoulos S, Roussos C. 1st prize as oral presentation in 16th Scientific Meeting of Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students in Aegli Zappeion, Athens, Greece
- Magna Cum laude ’’EXELLENT’’ 9.3/10 (1% in class-chosen to recite the oath at the graduation ceremony as the valedictorian of his class)
- Gold Medal in the 14th Olympiad of Medical Knowledge in the 4th International Forum of E.E.F.I.E
- Scholarship from the Greek National Scholarship Foundation (IKY) for excellence in Medical School in the season 2007-2008
- Honor in the National Contest of Mathematics of Greek Mathematic Society
- Scholarship of Petros Markides’ Endowment (3 rounds)
Papaconstantinou, Dimitrios, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Dimitrios Moris, Adamantios Michalinos, Aikaterini Mastoraki, Efstratia Mpaili, Natasha Hasemaki, Anargyros Bakopoulos, Dimitrios Filippou, and Dimitrios Schizas. “Synchronous resection of esophageal cancer and other organ malignancies: A systematic review.” World Journal of Gastroenterology 25, no. 26 (July 2019): 3438–49. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v25.i26.3438.
Tsilimigras, Diamantis I., Ioannis Ntanasis-Stathopoulos, Anghela Z. Paredes, Dimitrios Moris, Maria Gavriatopoulou, Jordan M. Cloyd, and Timothy M. Pawlik. “Disappearing liver metastases: A systematic review of the current evidence.” Surgical Oncology 29 (June 2019): 7–13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suronc.2019.02.005.
Karaolanis, Georgios, Constantine Antonopoulos, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Dimitrios Moris, and Konstantinos Moulakakis. “Spontaneous isolated superior mesenteric artery dissection: Systematic review and meta-analysis.” Vascular 27, no. 3 (June 2019): 324–37. https://doi.org/10.1177/1708538118818625.
Moris, Dimitrios, Nikolaos Machairas, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Anastasia Prodromidou, Aslam Ejaz, Matthew Weiss, Natasha Hasemaki, Evangelos Felekouras, and Timothy M. Pawlik. “Systematic Review of Surgical and Percutaneous Irreversible Electroporation in the Treatment of Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer.” Annals of Surgical Oncology 26, no. 6 (June 2019): 1657–68. https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-019-07261-7.
Tsilimigras, Diamantis I., J Madison Hyer, Anghela Z. Paredes, Dimitrios Moris, Eliza W. Beal, Katiuscha Merath, Rittal Mehta, Aslam Ejaz, Jordan M. Cloyd, and Timothy M. Pawlik. “The optimal number of lymph nodes to evaluate among patients undergoing surgery for gallbladder cancer: Correlating the number of nodes removed with survival in 6531 patients.” Journal of Surgical Oncology 119, no. 8 (June 2019): 1099–1107. https://doi.org/10.1002/jso.25450.
Tsilimigras, Diamantis I., Ioannis Ntanasis-Stathopoulos, Ioannis D. Kostakis, Demetrios Moris, Dimitrios Schizas, Jordan M. Cloyd, and Timothy M. Pawlik. “Is Resection of Primary Midgut Neuroendocrine Tumors in Patients with Unresectable Metastatic Liver Disease Justified? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery : Official Journal of the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract 23, no. 5 (May 2019): 1044–54. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11605-018-04094-9.
Mitrousias, Apostolos, Marinos Makris, S. Zani, Michael Kornaropoulos, Diamantis Tsilimigras, Dimosthenis Chrysikos, Nikolaos Michalopoulos, Eleftherios Spartalis, Dimitrios Moris, and Evangelos Felekouras. “Laparoscopic versus open gastrectomy with D2 lymph node dissection for advanced gastric cancer: a systematic review.” J Buon 24, no. 3 (May 2019): 872–82.