Montalvo-Jave, Eduardo E., Amir A. Rahnemai-Azar, Dimitrios Papaconstantinou, Mariana Espejel Deloiza, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Dimitrios Moris, German Eduardo Mendoza-Barrera, Sharon M. Weber, and Timothy M. Pawlik. “Molecular pathways and potential biomarkers in gallbladder cancer: A comprehensive review.” Surgical Oncology 31 (December 2019): 83–89. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suronc.2019.09.006.
Dimitrios Moris, MD, MSc, PhD
MD, MSc, PhD
Clinical and Research Interests
- Surgical Oncology
What were you looking for in a residency program?
- Best possible training combining high volume and wide spectrum of surgery
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
- High volume of cases
- State-of-the art Research
- World-class mentorship
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
- Work hard
- Take advantage of the opportunities
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
- Mostly nice weather
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
- Spending time with wife and friends
Honors and Awards
- Moris D, Atia A, McRae M, Song M, Stempora L, Leopardi F, Williams K, Kwun J, Parker W, Cardones AR, Kirk AD, Cendales LC. Th17 Cell Inhibition in a Costimulation Blockade Based Regimen for Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation Using a Non-Human Primate Model. ATC 2020, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Moris D, Shaw BI, Ong C, Connor AA, Samoylova ML, Kesseli SJ, Abraham N, Gloria J, Schmitz R, Fitch ZW, Clary BM, Barbas AS. A Simple Scoring System to Estimate Perioperative Mortality Following Liver Resection for Primary Liver Malignancy - The Hepatectomy Risk Score (HeRS). AHPBA 2020, Loews Hotel, Miami, FL, USA
- Moris D, Lim J, Shah KN, Blazer D, Lidsky M, Allen P, Zani S. Empiric nasogastric decompression after pancreaticoduodenectomy is not necessary. AHPBA 2019, Loews Hotel, Miami, FL, USA
- 2019 ASTS Resident Scientist Scholarship
- Scholarship of ‘’Alexander S. Onassis’’ Foundation for postgraduate (MSc level) studies.
- Scholarship of Thorax Foundation for postdoctoral research
- Scholarship of Petros Markides’ Endowment (4th round) for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- Scholarship of Foundation for Education and European culture (IPEP) for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- Scholarship of ‘’Alexander S. Onassis’’ Foundation for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- ''Handedness, anatomical variations of cerebrovascular blood flow and strokes. Is there any correlation? Moris D, Bonatsos V, Georgopoulos S. 1st prize in 16th Scientific Meeting of Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students in Aegli Zappeion, Athens, Greece
- Prone positioning in ARDS. Bonatsos V, Moris D, Mentzelopoulos S, Roussos C. 1st prize as oral presentation in 16th Scientific Meeting of Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students in Aegli Zappeion, Athens, Greece
- Magna Cum laude ’’EXELLENT’’ 9.3/10 (1% in class-chosen to recite the oath at the graduation ceremony as the valedictorian of his class)
- Gold Medal in the 14th Olympiad of Medical Knowledge in the 4th International Forum of E.E.F.I.E
- Scholarship from the Greek National Scholarship Foundation (IKY) for excellence in Medical School in the season 2007-2008
- Honor in the National Contest of Mathematics of Greek Mathematic Society
- Scholarship of Petros Markides’ Endowment (3 rounds)
Moris, Dimitrios, Georgia-Sofia Karachaliou, and Diamantis I. Tsilimigras. “Letter by Moris et al Regarding Article, "Effects of Arteriovenous Fistula Ligation on Cardiac Structure and Function in Kidney Transplant Recipients".” Circulation 140, no. 21 (November 18, 2019): e802–3. https://doi.org/10.1161/circulationaha.119.041747.
Machairas, Nikolaos, Anna Paspala, Maximos Frountzas, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Dimitrios Moris, Vasileia Ntomi, Dimitrios Tsapralis, and Dimitrios Schizas. “Mixed Adenoneuroendocrine Carcinoma (MANEC) of the Gallbladder: A Systematic Review of Outcomes Following Surgical Management.” In Vivo (Athens, Greece) 33, no. 6 (November 2019): 1721–26. https://doi.org/10.21873/invivo.11662.
Moris, Demetrios, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, Babatunde Yerokun, Keri A. Seymour, Alfredo D. Guerron, Philip A. Fong, Eleftherios Spartalis, and Ranjan Sudan. “Foramen of Winslow Hernia: a Review of the Literature Highlighting the Role of Laparoscopy.” J Gastrointest Surg 23, no. 10 (October 2019): 2093–99. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11605-019-04353-3.
Tsilimigras, Diamantis I., Fabio Bagante, Kota Sahara, Dimitrios Moris, J Madison Hyer, Lu Wu, Francesca Ratti, et al. “Prognosis After Resection of Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer (BCLC) Stage 0, A, and B Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Comprehensive Assessment of the Current BCLC Classification.” Annals of Surgical Oncology 26, no. 11 (October 2019): 3693–3700. https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-019-07580-9.
Low, Soon Khai, Dimitrios Giannis, Nourelhoda Sami Bahaie, Bao Long Hoang Trong, Dimitrios Moris, and Nguyen Tien Huy. “Competing Mortality in Patients With Neuroendocrine Tumors.” American Journal of Clinical Oncology 42, no. 8 (August 2019): 668–74. https://doi.org/10.1097/coc.0000000000000575.
Tsilimigras, Diamantis I., J Madison Hyer, Dimitrios Moris, Kota Sahara, Fabio Bagante, Alfredo Guglielmi, Luca Aldrighetti, et al. “Prognostic utility of albumin-bilirubin grade for short- and long-term outcomes following hepatic resection for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: A multi-institutional analysis of 706 patients.” Journal of Surgical Oncology 120, no. 2 (August 2019): 206–13. https://doi.org/10.1002/jso.25486.
Schizas, D., I. Katsaros, N. Koliakos, V. Ntomi, D. I. Tsilimigras, D. Moris, E. P. Misiakos, N. Zavras, and A. Bakopoulos. “An alternative management of a Littré hernia case: food for thought.” Il Giornale Di Chirurgia 40, no. 4 (July 2019): 360–63.