Oikonomou, Dimitrios, Michalis V. Karamouzis, Dimitrios Moris, Nikolaos Dimitrokallis, Demetris Papamichael, Panteleimon Kountourakis, Georgios Astras, et al. “Irreversible Electroporation (IRE) Combined With Chemotherapy Increases Survival in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer (LAPC).” American Journal of Clinical Oncology, May 12, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1097/coc.0000000000000826.
Dimitrios Moris, MD, MSc, PhD
MD, MSc, PhD
Clinical and Research Interests
- Surgical Oncology
What were you looking for in a residency program?
- Best possible training combining high volume and wide spectrum of surgery
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
- High volume of cases
- State-of-the art Research
- World-class mentorship
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
- Work hard
- Take advantage of the opportunities
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
- Mostly nice weather
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
- Spending time with wife and friends
Honors and Awards
- Moris D, Atia A, McRae M, Song M, Stempora L, Leopardi F, Williams K, Kwun J, Parker W, Cardones AR, Kirk AD, Cendales LC. Th17 Cell Inhibition in a Costimulation Blockade Based Regimen for Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation Using a Non-Human Primate Model. ATC 2020, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Moris D, Shaw BI, Ong C, Connor AA, Samoylova ML, Kesseli SJ, Abraham N, Gloria J, Schmitz R, Fitch ZW, Clary BM, Barbas AS. A Simple Scoring System to Estimate Perioperative Mortality Following Liver Resection for Primary Liver Malignancy - The Hepatectomy Risk Score (HeRS). AHPBA 2020, Loews Hotel, Miami, FL, USA
- Moris D, Lim J, Shah KN, Blazer D, Lidsky M, Allen P, Zani S. Empiric nasogastric decompression after pancreaticoduodenectomy is not necessary. AHPBA 2019, Loews Hotel, Miami, FL, USA
- 2019 ASTS Resident Scientist Scholarship
- Scholarship of ‘’Alexander S. Onassis’’ Foundation for postgraduate (MSc level) studies.
- Scholarship of Thorax Foundation for postdoctoral research
- Scholarship of Petros Markides’ Endowment (4th round) for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- Scholarship of Foundation for Education and European culture (IPEP) for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- Scholarship of ‘’Alexander S. Onassis’’ Foundation for postgraduate (PhD level) studies
- ''Handedness, anatomical variations of cerebrovascular blood flow and strokes. Is there any correlation? Moris D, Bonatsos V, Georgopoulos S. 1st prize in 16th Scientific Meeting of Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students in Aegli Zappeion, Athens, Greece
- Prone positioning in ARDS. Bonatsos V, Moris D, Mentzelopoulos S, Roussos C. 1st prize as oral presentation in 16th Scientific Meeting of Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students in Aegli Zappeion, Athens, Greece
- Magna Cum laude ’’EXELLENT’’ 9.3/10 (1% in class-chosen to recite the oath at the graduation ceremony as the valedictorian of his class)
- Gold Medal in the 14th Olympiad of Medical Knowledge in the 4th International Forum of E.E.F.I.E
- Scholarship from the Greek National Scholarship Foundation (IKY) for excellence in Medical School in the season 2007-2008
- Honor in the National Contest of Mathematics of Greek Mathematic Society
- Scholarship of Petros Markides’ Endowment (3 rounds)
Moris, Dimitrios, Robin Schmitz, Diamantis I. Tsilimigras, and Arjan van Enckevort. “Decreasing Wait List Mortality for Heart Transplantation in the Eurotransplant Network.” Experimental and Clinical Transplantation : Official Journal of the Middle East Society for Organ Transplantation 19, no. 5 (May 2021): 508–9. https://doi.org/10.6002/ect.2020.0420.
Halpern, Samantha E., Dimitrios Moris, Brian I. Shaw, Samuel J. Kesseli, Mariya L. Samoylova, Miriam Manook, Robin Schmitz, et al. “Definition and Analysis of Textbook Outcome: A Novel Quality Measure in Kidney Transplantation.” World J Surg 45, no. 5 (May 2021): 1504–13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-020-05943-y.
Syllaios, Athanasios, Dimitrios Moris, Georgia Sofia Karachaliou, Stratigoula Sakellariou, Ioannis Karavokyros, Maria Gazouli, and Dimitrios Schizas. “Pathways and role of MALAT1 in esophageal and gastric cancer.” Oncology Letters 21, no. 5 (May 2021): 343. https://doi.org/10.3892/ol.2021.12604.
Tsilimigras, Diamantis I., Kota Sahara, Anghela Z. Paredes, Amika Moro, Rittal Mehta, Dimitrios Moris, Alfredo Guglielmi, et al. “Predicting Lymph Node Metastasis in Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma.” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery : Official Journal of the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract 25, no. 5 (May 2021): 1156–63. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11605-020-04720-5.
Tsilimigras, Diamantis I., Dimitrios Moris, J Madison Hyer, Fabio Bagante, Francesca Ratti, Hugo P. Marques, Olivier Soubrane, et al. “Serum α-Fetoprotein Levels at Time of Recurrence Predict Post-Recurrence Outcomes Following Resection of Hepatocellular Carcinoma.” Annals of Surgical Oncology, April 27, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-021-09977-x.
Tsilimigras, Diamantis I., and Timothy M. Pawlik. “ASO Visual Abstract: Tumor Burden Dictates Prognosis Among Patients Undergoing Resection of Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma: A Tool to Guide Post-Resection Adjuvant Chemotherapy?” Annals of Surgical Oncology 28, no. 4 (April 2021): 1981. https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-020-09500-8.