Christopher Gallo, MD
Clinical and Research Interests
- Interventional radiology management of traumatic injuries
- Arterial/venous diseases
- Development of novel interventional radiology procedures and techniques
- Medical device innovation
What were you looking for in a residency program?
As an incoming Integrated Interventional Radiology resident at Duke University, I chose a general surgery internship that is known for preparing residents to handle all situations in the hospital. The Duke University General Surgery Internship taught me to properly treat patients with complex surgical problems in an array of subspecialties.
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
- Ice hockey, running
- Spending time with my family
Honors and Awards
- Researcher of the Year - Association of Native American Medical Students (2021)
- Trainee Research Award - Radiological Society of North America Annual Conference (2019)
- 1st Place Overall Poster Presentation- Association of American Indian Physicians Annual Conference (2019)
- Presenter at the 2020 Society of Interventional Radiology Annual Meeting
- Presenter at the 2020 Orthopaedic Research Society Annual Meeting
- Presenter at the 2019 Radiological Society of North America Annual Conference
- Presenter at the 2017 National Tribal Health Conference
- Ventana Medical Systems Inc. Innovation in Engineering Award (2016)