Bryan Pyfer, MD, MBA
Brigham Young University
Dartmouth Medical School
Clinical and Research Interests
- Functional reconstruction
- Breast and body contouring
- Facial aesthetics
- Cost utility analysis
What were you looking for in a residency program?
- High clinical volume
- Graduated autonomy
- Faculty support
- Cohesive team environment
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
- Broad clinical exposure
- Excellent foundational training in our early years
- Many home and away educational courses
- Program resources that allow for enhanced learning (conferences, etc.)
- Close-knit team
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
- Work hard
- Be a team player
- Make the choice to love what you do
- Don't make the same mistakes twice
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
- Beautiful weather
- Nice, temperate seasons
- Very affordable
- Easy living
- Close to trails, parks, mountains, beaches
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
- Spend time with family
- Make furniture in my wood shop (garage)
- Improve my barbeque technique
Honors and Awards
- Magna Cum Laude, Brigham Young University, 2011
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Dartmouth Medical School, September 2015
- Rolf C. Syvertsen Scholar, Dartmouth Medical School October 2016
- Mosenthal Surgical Honor Society, Dartmouth Medical School June 2016
- Graduation with Honors, Dartmouth Medical School, June 2016