Our goal for the Endocrine Surgical Fellowship is for the fellow to:
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of endocrine gland anatomy and normal and abnormal physiology.
- Develop excellence in clinical acumen for endocrinopathies and develop knowledge in rare endocrine disorders, such as inherited syndromes.
- Understand the need for genetic counseling and testing.
- Understand the molecular developments in endocrine malignancy, and learn how to apply them in clinical care.
- Know about current controversies and areas of future exploration, and become well versed in current endocrine surgery literature.
- Demonstrate good clinical judgment.
- Perform routine and complex endocrine operations appropriately and safely.
- Understand his or her own limitations, and be willing to ask for help when necessary.
Fellowship duration: One clinical year
Section of Endocrine Surgery, Dept. of Surgery,
Duke University School of Medicine
Rita L. Chambers, MBA, MSL