Congratulations to John Migaly, MD, Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, on being elected into the Southern Surgical Association. The association was founded in 1887, and has dedicated itself to disseminating research and improving surgical techniques, outcomes, and applicable knowledge.
Dr. Migaly's membership application was supported by current association members from the Duke Department of Surgery:
- Peter Allen, MD, Professor of Surgery and Chief, Division of Surgical Oncology
- Allan Kirk , MD, PhD, David C. Sabiston, Jr. Distinguished Professor of Surgery and Chair, Department of Surgery
- Christopher Mantyh, MD, Professor of Surgery and Chief, Section of Gastrointestinal and Colorectal Surgery
- Theodore Pappas, MD, Duke Distinguished Professor of Surgical Innovation and Professor of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology
- Cynthia Shortell, MD, Professor of Surgery and Chief, Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery