Robert Patrick Davis, MD, PhD
Michigan State University
Clinical and Research Interests
- Cardiac and lung transplantation
- Ex vivo lung perfusion
- Extracorporeal life support
- Ventricular assist devices
- Adult cardiac surgery
What were you looking for in a residency program?
A leader in health care, research, and training
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
- Academic excellence
- History of training leaders
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
- Durham is one of the fastest growing areas in the country and a center of biomedical research
- Cost of living
Honors and Awards
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Individual Predoctoral MD/PhD Fellows
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics Graduate Student Travel Award
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Looking to the Future Resident Scholarship
- American Association for Thoracic Surgery Member for a Day Program