Franklin Ewing, IV, MD
University of Virginia
Easter Virginia Medical School
Clinical and Research Interests
Wilderness medicine, quality improvement
What were you looking for in a residency program?
High volume, high acuity patient population, program staff who prioritize teaching, professional development and resident wellness
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
- High acuity, diverse patient population, rare pathology
- Program staff who are invested in resident development
- Resource rich environment with lots of amazing projects in which to get involved
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
- Never be afraid to ask questions
- Never be afraid to ask for help
- Take care of yourself in and outside of the hospital!
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
- The food!
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
Longboard, read, try new restaurants