Romero, Joan M., Barbara Grünwald, Gun-Ho Jang, Prashant P. Bavi, Aaditeya Jhaveri, Mehdi Masoomian, Sandra E. Fischer, et al. “A Four-Chemokine Signature Is Associated with a T-cell-Inflamed Phenotype in Primary and Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer.” Clinical Cancer Research : An Official Journal of the American Association for Cancer Research 26, no. 8 (April 2020): 1997–2010. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.ccr-19-2803.
Ashton Connor, MD, PhD
Clinical and Research Interests
- Clinical - abdominal multi-organ transplantation and hepato-pancreatico-biliary surgery
- Research - pancreatic and colorectal cancer multi-omics
Honors and Awards
- 2018 Second place presentation, Annual Assembly of General Surgeons, University of Toronto
- 2018 First Prize, Gallie Bateman Research Award, Gallie Day, University of Toronto
- 2017 Gifford Scholarship, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto
- 2017 AHPBA Steve Sotsky Pancreatic Cancer Research Gift ($1000.00 USD)
- 2017 Canadian Cancer Society Research Institute Travel Award ($1,874.00 CAD)
- 2016 Second place presentation, Annual Assembly of General Surgeons, University of Toronto
- 2016 Poster award, CSCI-CITAC Annual Scientific Meeting
- 2016 Honourable mention, CIHR: Canadian Student Health Research Forum
- 2016 Honourable mention, Institute of Medical Science Jack Laidlaw Manuscript Competition
- 2016 Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association Travel Grant ($1,000 USD)
- 2015 Ministry of Health Clinician Investigator Program funding award
- 2015 Second Prize, Gallie Bateman Poster Award, Gallie Day, University of Toronto
- 2015 Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association Research Grant ($30,000 USD)
- 2015 Chikai and Sawa Hiraki Fellowship in Surgery
- 2014 – 2015 Joseph M. West Family Memorial Fund
- 2014 – 2015 Edward Christie Stevens Fellowship
- 2014 Colon Cancer Canada Research Scholarship
- 2014 Institute of Cancer Research CIHR Travel Award
- 2013 Conference Grant, School of Graduate Studies, University of Toronto
- 2013 Highest standing, University of Toronto Practice Principles of Surgery exam
- 2011 Second place, clinical research category, LMP Postgraduate Research Day
- 2008 University of Toronto Medical School Poetry Contest – first prize
- 2006 – 2008 Faculty of Medicine Academic Scholarship – Walter F. Watkins Scholarship
- 2005 Khoury Memorial Scholarship for Medicine, St. Michael’s College, University of Toronto
- 2005 St. Michael’s College Silver Medal, University of Toronto
- 2004 UROP award, Department of Biochemistry, University of Toronto
- 2002 – 2005 Dean’s List Scholar, University of Toronto
- 2002 – 2005 St. Michael’s College Academic Scholarships, University of Toronto
- 2002 Golden Key International Honour Society membership
- 2001 St. Michael’s College Admittance Scholarship, University of Toronto
Chan-Seng-Yue, Michelle, Jaeseung C. Kim, Gavin W. Wilson, Karen Ng, Eugenia Flores Figueroa, Grainne M. O’Kane, Ashton A. Connor, et al. “Transcription phenotypes of pancreatic cancer are driven by genomic events during tumor evolution.” Nature Genetics 52, no. 2 (February 2020): 231–40. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41588-019-0566-9.
Shur, Joshua, Matthew Orton, Ashton Connor, Sandra Fischer, Carol-Anne Moulton, Steven Gallinger, Dow-Mu Koh, and Kartik S. Jhaveri. “A clinical-radiomic model for improved prognostication of surgical candidates with colorectal liver metastases.” Journal of Surgical Oncology, December 3, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/jso.25783.
Connor, Ashton A., Robert E. Denroche, Gun Ho Jang, Mathieu Lemire, Amy Zhang, Michelle Chan-Seng-Yue, Gavin Wilson, et al. “Integration of Genomic and Transcriptional Features in Pancreatic Cancer Reveals Increased Cell Cycle Progression in Metastases.” Cancer Cell 35, no. 2 (February 2019): 267-282.e7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ccell.2018.12.010.
Hopkins, Julia F., Robert E. Denroche, Jennifer A. Aguiar, Faiyaz Notta, Ashton A. Connor, Julie M. Wilson, Lincoln D. Stein, Steven Gallinger, and Paul C. Boutros. “Mutations in Mitochondrial DNA From Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinomas Associate With Survival Times of Patients and Accumulate as Tumors Progress.” Gastroenterology 154, no. 6 (May 2018): 1620-1624.e5. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2018.01.029.
Aung, Kyaw L., Sandra E. Fischer, Robert E. Denroche, Gun-Ho Jang, Anna Dodd, Sean Creighton, Bernadette Southwood, et al. “Genomics-Driven Precision Medicine for Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Early Results from the COMPASS Trial.” Clinical Cancer Research 24, no. 6 (March 15, 2018): 1344–54. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.ccr-17-2994.