How to Apply
Positions for the Duke Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Fellowship Program are filled through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), using the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
Applications should include:
- A personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians who have worked closely with you during your general surgery residency training or laboratory research.
Criteria for Selection
Selection for a fellowship position in vascular surgery is based on a number of factors, which include:
- Successful completion of a general surgery residency program accredited by the ACGME.
- Being eligible for Board Certification from the ABS at the start of fellowship – July 1, respectively.
- Completion of all USMLE Requirements.
- Three letters of recommendation from ABS Board Certified Surgeons.
- Providing professional Statement of Goals and Career Objectives for the reason a candidate wants to be a Vascular Surgery Fellow at Duke.
- Delivering completed application to the Program Director no later than February 15 annually.
- Completing a personal interview with Program Director and faculty members upon completion of initial review for admission – all materials must be up-to-date prior to interview for consideration or the fellowship will be denied (if graduating from a residency program, you must be eligible for ABS by the time you enter our Vascular Surgery Fellowship – verification must be in the Fellowship Office no later than 10 days prior to the first day of orientation).
Application Due Dates
Applications are due on January 31, and interviews are conducted in March and/or April.
Travel and Hotel Information
We recommend flying into Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU), which is about a 25-minute drive to Duke University Hospital.
Durham also has an Amtrak station if you prefer the train. The train station is located in downtown Durham, a little more than two miles from Duke University Hospital.
Many hotels are located near Duke University Hospital and some offer special rates for Duke visitors. See nearby lodging options.
For more information about applying to the program, please contact:
Duke University Medicine Center
Regular Mail: Box 2834
Courier Mail: Room M114, Green Zone
Durham, North Carolina 27710