Interdisciplinary Surgical Colloquia for Outcomes Research (ISCORe)
The purpose of this colloquia series is to promote interdisciplinary research around surgical outcomes between the Department of Surgery, Department of Population Health Sciences, School of Nursing, and Department of Orthopedic Surgery. We will start the evening with an opportunity to informally meet and mix with colleagues from across the Health System and School of Medicine, along with heavy appetizers and drinks.
September/October 2020 "MarketScan Showcase"
- Virtual ISCORe showcasing MarketScan pilot projects from Duke SCORES and the Department of Population Health Sciences
October 10, 2019 "Geospatial Research"
- Julia Krauchanka, MD, PhD – “Determinants of geographic disparities in mortality and morbidity in the US: disease-specific patterns, time trends, and contributing factors”
- Betty Tong, MD, MHS, MS & Tina Tailor, MD – “Lung Cancer Screening: Going the Distance”
June 12, 2019 "Clinical Informatics"
- Keith Marsolo, “Value-based care, precision medicine and real-world evidence studies: A prescription for increased interoperability and improved data quality?”
- Maggie Horn, “Integration of Patient-reported Outcomes Collection within the Electronic Health Record: Lessons Learned and Future Directions"
March 11, 2019 "Machine Learning"
- Lawrence Carin, "The Coming AI Disruption of Healthcare"
- Leila Mureebe, "Machine Learning with Clinical Data"
- Michael Cary, "Machine Learning Basics: Advice and Resources for Clinical Researchers"
- If there are other working groups you would like us to consider developing, please email us.
Workshops & Courses
A calendar of upcoming workshops and courses that could be of interest to SCORES members.
Surgical Conferences & Programs
Access a comprehensive calendar of national and international conferences & programs by surgical specialty.
For more information about meetings or events, please email us or call 919.684.1366.