Duke SCORES 1st Friday Luncheon Series
- October 2 12:00-1:00 (Zoom): "Navigating the Publishing Landscape: Open Access Models, Predatory Journals, and Where to Publish" - Megan von Isenburg & Sarah Cantrell; RSPV coming soon!
- September 2020 - "MarketScan 101" presenters from SCORES, the PopHealth DataShare, and other biostatisticians with Marketscan claims data experience shared lessons learned and brainstormed about the successful use of these data for health services research
- August 2020 - "MyRESEARCHNavigators" presented by Sunita Patil, Associate Director, Research Operations, CTSI
- July 2020 - "Navigating the New PubMed" presented by Sarah Cantrell, Associate Director for Research and Education at the Medical Center Library & Archives
- June 2020 - "Scholars@Duke Working Session to Improve Website Research Portfolio" presented by Lamont Cannon, Senior Outreach Coordinator, Scholars@Duke
- May 2020 - "Social Media & Online Presence" presented by Dana Reynolds, Sr. Media Relations Strategist
- March 2020 - "Communicating Your Science" presented by Karl Bates, Director of Research Communications
Duke SCORES Biostatistics Workshops
- August 28, 2020: "Preparing a Competitive Proposal for MarketScan"
Interdisciplinary Surgical Colloquia for Outcomes Research (ISCORe)
The purpose of this colloquia series is to promote interdisciplinary research around surgical outcomes between Duke SCORES, the Department of Population Health Sciences, the Department of Anesthesia Critical Care and Perioperative Population Health Research (CAPER) Unit, and DCRI Musculoskeletal Research.
- September/October 2020 "MarketScan Showcase" Virtual ISCORe showcasing MarketScan pilot projects from Duke SCORES and the Department of Population Health Sciences
October 2019 "Geospatial Research"
- Julia Krauchanka, MD, PhD – “Determinants of geographic disparities in mortality and morbidity in the US: disease-specific patterns, time trends, and contributing factors”
- Betty Tong, MD, MHS, MS & Tina Tailor, MD – “Lung Cancer Screening: Going the Distance”
June 2019 "Clinical Informatics"
- Keith Marsolo, “Value-based care, precision medicine and real-world evidence studies: A prescription for increased interoperability and improved data quality?”
- Maggie Horn, “Integration of Patient-reported Outcomes Collection within the Electronic Health Record: Lessons Learned and Future Directions"
March 2019 "Machine Learning"
- Lawrence Carin, "The Coming AI Disruption of Healthcare"
- Leila Mureebe, "Machine Learning with Clinical Data"
- Michael Cary, "Machine Learning Basics: Advice and Resources for Clinical Researchers"
- If there are working groups you would like us to consider developing, please email us.
Workshops & Courses
A calendar of upcoming workshops and courses that could be of interest to SCORES members.
Surgical Conferences & Programs
Access a comprehensive calendar of national and international conferences & programs by surgical specialty.
For more information about meetings or events, please email us or call 919.684.1366.