Duke Breast Surgery Outcomes Group
Members: Rachel Blitzblau, MD, PhD; Terry Hyslop, PhD; Samantha Thomas, MS; Kevin Houck, MPH; P. Kelly Marcom, MD; Scott Hollenbeck, MD; Gretchen Kimmick, MD; Whitney O. Lane, MD; Cecilia Ong, MD; Linda Youngswirth, MD
The Duke Breast Surgery Outcomes Group provides a monthly forum for faculty, fellows, residents and students who are interested in clinical outcomes research within breast oncology. With consistent and experienced statisticians, participants can utilize several large national databases to answer questions that impact our breast cancer patients. All interested faculty and trainees are welcome to collaborate.
- Greenup RA, Peppercorn J, Worni M, Hwang ES. Cost implications of the SSO-ASTRO Consensus Guideline on Margins for Breast-Conserving Surgery with Whole Breast Irradiation in Stage I and II Invasive Breast Cancer. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2014. 21: 1512-4.
- Lane WO, Houck K, Blitzblau RC, Hwang ES, Greenup RA. National Practice Patterns of Among Women with Stage IV Breast Cancer Undergoing Surgery at the Primary Site. Society of Surgical Oncology, March 2016. Boston, MA. Featured Poster in Poster Grand Rounds.
- Greenup RA, Houck K, Horton J, Howie L, Palta M, Mackey A, Scheri R, Sosa JA, Peppercorn J, Taghian A, Smith BL, Hwang ES. Adjuvant radiation after lumpectomy: a cost comparison of treatment patterns in 43,247 women from the National Cancer Data Base. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. December 2014.
- Mowery YM, Greenup RA, Houck K, Palta M, Horton JK, Sosa JA, Hwang ES, Blitzblau RC. Low utilization of hypofractionated radiotherapy for the treatment of early-stage breast cancer in the US: A review of 217,789 patients from the NCDB. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. December 2014.
- Howie L, Greenup RA, Houck K, Sosa JA, Hwang ES, Peppercorn J. Predictors of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Use in Women with Breast Cancer. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. December 2014.
- Greenup RA, Arbeev K, Akushevich I, Mackey A, Tolnitch L, Hwang ES. Incidence Patterns of Breast Cancer Among Women 35 and Younger at Diagnosis. Society of Surgical Oncology 67th Annual Cancer Symposium. Phoenix, AZ. March 2014.