Shammas, Ronnie L., Lily R. Mundy, Tracy Truong, Jeremy M. Weber, A Jordan Grier, Eugenia H. Cho, Sarah B. Peskoe, Mark J. Gage, and Scott T. Hollenbeck. “Identifying Predictors of Time to Soft-Tissue Reconstruction following Open Tibia Fractures.” Plast Reconstr Surg 142, no. 6 (December 2018): 1620–28. https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000005007.
Lily Mundy, MD
Clinical and Research Interests
Microsurgery, extremity reconstruction, lower extremity trauma, patient-centered outcomes research
What were you looking for in a residency program?
A high clinical volume, complexity in cases, quality of mentorship and faculty, the resources of a large university
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
Family mentality, supportive and committed leadership, quality of faculty and clinical experience, opportunities for research
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
Read, trust the process, be prepared.
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
Ease of living, enjoyable temperatures, kindheartedness of the community, close family and friends
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
Spend time with family and friends, cook, exercise
Honors and Awards
- Co-PI: Development of a Patient-Reported Outcome Instrument for Severe Lower Extremity Trauma: Cognitive Debriefing Interviews. Foundation of Orthopaedic Trauma Research Grant, $20,000, August 2018-2020
- Co-Investigator (Resident lead): Duke Surgical Center for Outcomes Research, administered by the Duke Musculoskeletal Program: Development of a PRO Instrument for Use in Severe Lower Extremity Trauma, $15,000, September 2017-2018
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal Resident Ambassador, January 2019 - December 2020
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal Resident Advisory Committee, January 2018 - Current
Conference Presentation Awards
- SESPRS Glancy Competition Finalist, 2019
- PSRC Annual Meeting Clifford C. Snyder, MD Past Chairman Award for Best Resident Paper, 2017
Klassen, Anne F., Natalia Ziolkowski, Lily R. Mundy, H Catherine Miller, Alison McIlvride, Allison DiLaura, Joel Fish, and Andrea L. Pusic. “Development of a New Patient-reported Outcome Instrument to Evaluate Treatments for Scars: The SCAR-Q.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Global Open 6, no. 4 (April 24, 2018): e1672. https://doi.org/10.1097/gox.0000000000001672.
Shammas, Ronnie L., Eugenia H. Cho, Adam D. Glener, Luke P. Poveromo, Lily R. Mundy, Rachel A. Greenup, Kimberly L. Blackwell, and Scott T. Hollenbeck. “Association Between Targeted HER-2 Therapy and Breast Reconstruction Outcomes: A Propensity Score-Matched Analysis.” J Am Coll Surg 225, no. 6 (December 2017): 731-739.e1. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2017.08.023.
Mundy, Lily R., Tracy Truong, Ronnie L. Shammas, Mark J. Gage, Gina-Maria Pomann, and Scott T. Hollenbeck. “Acute Treatment Patterns for Lower Extremity Trauma in the United States: Flaps versus Amputation.” J Reconstr Microsurg 33, no. 8 (October 2017): 563–70. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0037-1603332.
Mundy, Lily R., Karen Homa, Anne F. Klassen, Andrea L. Pusic, and Carolyn L. Kerrigan. “Understanding the Health Burden of Macromastia: Normative Data for the BREAST-Q Reduction Module.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 139, no. 4 (April 2017): 846e-853e. https://doi.org/10.1097/prs.0000000000003171.
Cho, Eugenia H., Andrew R. Bauder, Sierra Centkowski, Ronnie L. Shammas, Lily Mundy, Stephen J. Kovach, L Scott Levin, and Scott T. Hollenbeck. “Preoperative Platelet Count Predicts Lower Extremity Free Flap Thrombosis: A Multi-Institutional Experience.” Plast Reconstr Surg 139, no. 1 (January 2017): 220–30. https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000002893.