Hu, Yinin, Brian Ezekian, Kristen M. Wells, Sandra G. Burks, David R. Jones, Christine L. Lau, Bruce D. Schirmer, and Benjamin D. Kozower. “Long-Term Satisfaction and Medication Dependence After Antireflux Surgery.” The Annals of Thoracic Surgery 96, no. 4 (October 2013): 1246–51. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2013.05.017.
Brian Ezekian, MD
Clinical and Research Interests
Strategies for desensitization to overcome the HLA barrier to kidney transplantation; antibody-mediated rejection; novel immunosuppressive strategies
What were you looking for in a residency program?
I was looking for a collegial program with a family feel that provided a balanced focus on technical skills, research, and medical education.
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
Great people, food, beer, weather, and natural beauty. The Triangle has all the amenities and activities of a large city, but at an affordable price and with a small town vibe.
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
Spending time with my wife and pets, running, hiking, stand-up paddleboarding, cooking
Honors and Awards
- American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination Award, 2015-2020
- Apple Seed Resident Teaching Award, 2018-2019
- Rosenkrantz Award Presentation, 2018
- American Transplant Congress Young Investigator Award, 2018
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society Inductee, 2017
- Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies Travel Grant, 2017