Camila Ortega, MD
- Medical School: Universidad del Azuay, Cuenca, Ecuador
- ECFMG Certified
Current Position: PGY-1 Cleveland Clinic General Surgery Residency. Cleveland, OH
- Manuscript preparation and publication in peer-reviewed Journals
- Poster and Podium Presentations in national and international conferences
- Awarded recognition for video plenary session at Digestive Disease Week (DDW) 2018.
- Cooperated on design proposal submission for grant
- Collaborated on authorship for several book chapters in surgical textbooks
Davis, M., et al., Magnetic Liver Retraction: an Incision-Less Approach for Less Invasive Bariatric Surgery. Obes Surg, 2019. 29(3): p. 1068-1073.
Guerron, A.D., et al., Asthma medication usage is significantly reduced following bariatric surgery. Surg Endosc, 2019. 33(6): p. 1967-1975.
Guerron, A.D., C.B. Ortega, and D. Portenier, Endoscopic Abscess Septotomy for Management of Sleeve Gastrectomy Leak. Obes Surg, 2017. 27(10): p. 2672-2674.
Ortega, C.B., A.D. Guerron, and D. Portenier, Endoscopic Abscess Septotomy: A Less Invasive Approach for the Treatment of Sleeve Gastrectomy Leaks. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A, 2018. 28(7): p. 859-863.
Ortega, C.B., A.D. Guerron, and J.S. Yoo, The Use of Fluorescence Angiography During Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy. Jsls, 2018. 22(2).
Ortega, C.B., J. Gutnick, and A.D. Guerron, Surgical management of enterolith ileus after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Surg Obes Relat Dis, 2017. 13(10): p. 1790-1792.
Gerardo Davalos, MD
- Medical School: Universidad Internacional del Ecuador, Quito, Ecuador
- ECFMG Certified
Current Position: PGY-1 University of Hawaii General Surgery Residency. Honolulu, HI
- Published manuscripts in peer reviewed journals.
- Co-authored book chapter for operative anatomy atlas.
- Collaborated in the design and preparation of grant proposals.
- Designed and manufactured surgical simulation models for common surgical procedures including laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic hernia repair.
- Prepared and submitted IRB proposals for department research projects.
- Developed several quality improvement initiatives using MBSAIP National Database.
- Accepted for podium presentation in national and international surgical conferences.
Magnetic retraction in Colorectal Surgery. Gerardo Davalos M.D.1, Billy Y. Lan M.D.2, Ramon Diaz M.D.1, Leonard K. Welsh M.D.1, Estefania Roldan1, Dana Portenier M.D.1, A. Daniel Guerron M.D.1. accepted JLAST
Asthma medication usage is significantly reduced following bariatric surgery. Guerron AD, Ortega CB, Lee HJ, Davalos G, Ingram J, Portenier D.
Magnetic Liver Retraction: an Incision-Less Approach for Less Invasive Bariatric Surgery. Davis M, Davalos G, Ortega C, Chen S, Schimpke S, Jain-Spangler K, Yoo J, Seymour K, Sudan R, Portenier D, Guerron AD.
Use of magnet sin gastrointestinal surgery. Ramon Diaz, Gerardo Davalos, Daniel Guerron. Surgical endoscopy
Endoscopic management of gastrointestinal bleeding. Ramon Diaz, Gerardo Davalos, Daniel Guerron. Digestive Disease Interventions
Ramon Diaz Jara, MD
- Medical School: University of Concepcion, Chile (2008)
- ECFMG Certified
- Residency: General Surgery. University of Chile (2012)
- Fellowship: Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery. University of Chile (2015)
- Manuscript publications in peer reviewed journals and bariatric surgery periodicals
- Accepted for podium presentations in national surgery conferences
- Submitted abstracts for presentation/publication
- Shadowing surgeries/experimental surgeries
- Obtained robotic surgery accreditation
- Biorepository specimen collections
Díaz R, et al. Endoscopic Management of Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Dig Dis Interv. In press. DOI: 10.1055/s-0038-1675414.
Díaz R, Portenier D. Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch and variations:Outcomes Analysis. Bariatric Times 2018. Vol 15. Issue 11.
Díaz R, et al. Anatomical modifications of the biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch: Do they have a future role in bariatric and metabolic surgery?. Rev. Cirugia. 2019; 71 (2).
Davalos G, Lan BY, Diaz R, Welsh LK, Roldan E, Portenier D, Guerron AD. Single-Center Experience with Magnetic Retraction in Colorectal Surgery. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech. Ahead of print. doi: 10.1089/lap.2018.0744.
Diaz R, Davalos G, Welsh LK, Portenier D, Guerron AD. Use of magnets in Gastrointestinal Surgery. Surg Endosc (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00464-019-06718-w.