Fresh Cadaver Flap Dissection Course
The 2016 Course is endorsed by the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
2016 Dates: August 5th - August 7th.
Cost: Attending physician - $1,750; Resident - $1,250
Duke Division of Plastic Surgery
Duke's Human Fresh Tissue Laboratory
Durham, North Carolina
This course has been designed to address the needs of the resident in plastic surgery wishing to learn flap dissection and the established practitioner who wishes to expand their current repertoire of flap surgery. Both Pedicle and Microsurgical flaps will be covered.
Michael R. Zenn, MD, FACS, Chair
Online registration information for the 2017 course will be posted in mid-January 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Jim Bolognesi at email@example.com.
This two-day course will allow the participants to familiarize themselves with the full spectrum of skin flaps, including muscle, facial, bone, and perforator-based flaps.
The course will be held at Duke's Human Fresh Tissue Laboratory, using fresh cadavers. Participants will be mentored by internationally renowned faculty, through prosection and participant dissection. Educational materials will also be provided.
Flap Dissections Covered
- Head and Neck: FAMM, Forehead,Temporalis,Temporal Parietal Fascial, Platysmal, Submental
- Breast: TRAM, DIEP, Superior Gluteal, (S-GAP), Inferior Gluteal (I-GAP), Reubens SIEA
- Trunk: Vertical Rectus, Deep Circumflex Iliac, External Oblique, Latissimus, Serratus, Parascapular, Trapezius, Deltopectoral, Pectoralis
- Extremities: Radial Forearm, Lateral Arm, Anterior, Lateral and Medial Thigh,Tensor Fascia Lata, Rectus Femoris, Gracilis, Sural, Saphenous, Intrinsic Hand Flaps, Fibula
- Foot: Intrinsic Flaps, Toe to Hand Procedures
A hands-on approach will be used with no more than five participants and one faculty per cadaver. All didactics will take place in the Cadaver Lab. A multimedia approach will be used, and we recommend that registrants bring their own scrubs and loops. All other instrumentation will be supplied.
Read the course agenda.